National Powerlifting Composite Rankings
Top 10 Teams
Girls – Preseason – January 1, 2014
1. Lutcher High School (Lutcher, LA)
2. Necedah High School (Necedah, WI)
3. Weslaco East High School (Weslaco, TX)
4. Los Fresons High School (Los Fresnos, TX)
5. Hawley High School (Hawley, TX)
6. Calhoun High School (Port Lavaca, TX)
7. Neenah High School (Neenah, WI)
8. Adams-Friendship High School (Adams, WI)
9. Hebbronville High School (Hebbronville, TX)
10. Alexandria Senior High (Alexandria, LA)
Teams that we are watching: Crystal City High, (Crystal City, TX), West Monroe High (West Monroe, LA), San Benito High (San Benito, TX), Silsbee High (Silsbee, TX), & Meridian High (Meridian, MS).
Top 10 Teams
Boys – Preseason – January 1, 2014
1. Whitnall High School (Greenfield, WI)
2. Jourdanton High School (Jourdanton, TX)
3. St. Paul’s School (Covington, LA)
4. Covington High School (Covington, LA)
5. San Diego High School (San Diego, TX)
6. H.M. King High School (Kingsville, TX)
7. West Monroe High School (West Monroe, LA)
8. Calallen High School (Corpus Christi , TX)
9. Pontotoc High School (Pontotoc, MS)
10. Phillips High School (Phillips, WI)
Teams that we are watching: Peabody Magnet (Alexandria, LA), South Pike Senior High (Magnolia, MS), Union Parish High School (Farmerville, LA), Madison Central High School (Madison, MS), Pope John Paul School (Slidell, LA), Phillips High (Phillips, WI), Valley View High (Pharr, TX), Weslaco East High School (Weslaco, TX), & Oxford High (Oxford, MS).
About our Rankings
Our rankings are based on a normative mathematical model using 11 distinct variables of measure. These variables (e.g. equipment, location, etc) have been carefully selected and back tested to create a proper ranking based on the ability and potential of the entire pool of lifters in the country.
Not all high school organizations follow the same rules. We are in constant communication with a network of high school coaches and administrators across the country that have helped distinguish the small subtleties of each state’s rules and practices (e.g. weigh-ins, equipment, squat depth, etc.).
One of our baseline measures used to evaluate lifters and teams is based on the potential to be successful at the USAPL High School Nationals. This meet will be held in Killeen, TX. For more information about this meet, click here.
[box type=”info”] Should your team be considered in these rankings? Maybe so. Please contact us here with your information.[/box]
1. Ph.D. in Human Performance & M.S. in Exercise Science.
2. Ph.D. Minor in Educational Research & Statistics (30 graduate hours), including multivariate, factor, and regression analysis.
3. During my time as head coach of Louisiana Tech Powerlifting team, the importance of networking with coaches, assisting high school lifters and meet directors, and identifying talent was part of a recruiting philosophy that led to great national and international success.
4. Powerlifting in high school clearly directed me on the career and life path that I am on today. This website is dedicated to the future paths created by Powerlifting!
Read more: About Page